With the vertical split of erstwhile SKUAST-J&K, the Directorate of Research, SKUAST-Jammu came into existence at Rail Head Complex on 20th September, 1999. The organizational set-up of the Directorate distinctly looks after technical, financial and administrative management of a number of on-campus and off-campus research projects. Director Research is the head of the set-up. He is assisted by the affiliated staff comprising Associate Director Research (1) and Dy. Director Research (3). Directorate of Research as a unit has the mandate to capitulate the research programme for the University through identification of researchable issues of regional and national importance. It facilitates the development of various research proposals, their execution, implementation and accordingly ensuring the benefits of research initiatives to the common man through regular participatory monitoring and evaluation. Research programmes carried out at the campus level and research stations are assessed by apex body of the Directorate like Research Council Meeting and Research Evaluation Committee. Research linkage is also maintained with line departments of the state viz. Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry, Sheep Husbandry etc. through Zonal Research and Extension Advisory Council (ZREAC) and Research Council Meetings (RCM) of the University.
Mandate and Initiatives
- To plan, execute and manage research programmes of the University comprising of basic, strategic and applied research activities as per the aspirations of farming community.
- Undertakes location specific research in all the Research Stations situated in different parts of Jammu division as well as monitor the location specific activities of these research stations.
- To coordinate the implementation of various research projects leading to technological generation as per the feedback of line departments.
- Established technology park wherein ready to take off technologies of this University find their place to update the field staff of the line departments and the farming community who are the ultimate stake holders about the latest scientific technology regarding crop improvement, productivity enhancement and its sustainability, natural resource and plant protection management in a highly persuasive way.
- Framing of IPR policy, regulation and guidelines for the state.
- Registration and technical facilitation for G.I. tagging of different crops and products in the UT of J&K
- Physical and financial monitoring of each on-going research programmes/ project and evaluation of completed projects through internal and external experts.
- Maintaining data base of all publications, technologies developed, IPRs, Consultancies, Projects undertaken in the past 10 years and on-going projects.
- Formulate and implement the seed production plan of the University as well as monitor the seed production programmes including the functioning of Mega Seed Project.
- Sale of R&D products through University Sale Counter.
Research Station and Sub Stations
Dr. R.K. Samnotra
Directorate of Research Main Campus
SKUAST-Jammu, ChathaJammu (J&K) -180009