The Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of Jammu aspires to become a leading agriculture University in India with the mandate of serving the people of Jammu division, the UT and the Nation.
- Advancement of education in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Sciences and other allied sectors.
- Conduct basic,strategic and applied research in agriculture and allied sectors.
- Dissemination of knowledge and technology to the farming community.
- Collaboratewith National and International organisationsfor enhancing the knowledge expertise and excellence for the well being of the people of Jammu and Kashmir in particular and the country in general.
SKUAST-Jammu has mandate to cater to the needs of the farming community falling under the territorial jurisdiction of Jammu province. The area comprises of following agro-climatic zones:
- Sub- Tropical Zone: Kathua, Samba, Jammu, part of Udhampur and Rajouri.
- Intermediate Zone: Parts of Rajouri, Udhampur, Poonch, Ramban and Kathua.
- Temperate Zone: Parts of Poonch, Rajouri, Doda, Kathua, Ramban and Kishtwar.