Sanction was accorded for creation of the SC/ST cell in SKUAST-Jammu vide notification No: AUJ/Est./16-17G-137/4392-4402dated 17/10/2016 on the lines of UGC created Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Cell . The cell comprise of the following Objectives, Functions Eligibility /Target Group and the Advisory Committee with definite terms of reference for effective implementation of policies and programmes of the reservation policy for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in the University and to solve the grievance of SC/ST students of SKUAST-Jammu
Dr. Dr. Hans Raj Bhardwaj
Professor and Head Member Secretary
Contact no.: 9419313766
Objectives As per UGC Guidelines, the following are the objectives of the Cell:
- To implement the reservation policy for SCs/STs/OBCs in the University.
- To collect data regarding the implementation of the policies in respect of admissions, appointments to teaching and non-teaching positions in the University, and analysis of the data showing the tends and changes towards fulfilling the required quota.
- To take such follow up measures for achieving the objectives and targets laid down for the purpose by the Government of India, and UGC.
- To implement, monitor continuously and evaluate the reservation policy in the University and plan measures for ensuring effective implementation of the policy and programmes of the Government of India.
- To circulate Govt. of J&K and UGC’s decisions to collect regularly, on an annual basis , information regarding course-wise admissions to candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes/other backward classes in the University for different courses, in forms prescribed, by a stipulated date, and to take follow up action, where required.
- To circulate Govt. of J&K and UGC’s decisions and to collect regularly, on an annual basis, information in respect of appointment, training of these communities in teaching and non- teaching posts in the University, in suitable forms by a stipulated date and take follow up action ,where required
- To collect reports and information regarding the Govt. of J&K orders on the various aspects of education, training and employment of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled tribes and other backward candidates, for evolving new policies or modifying existing policy by the University Grants Commission.
- To analyze the information collected above and prepare reports and digests for onward transmission to the Ministry of Human Resources Development/ University Grants Commission and such other authorities as may be required.
- To deal with representations received from Scheduled Castes Scheduled Tribes and other backward class candidates regarding their admission, recruitment, promotion and other similar matters in University.
- To monitor the working of the remedial coaching scheme, if approved in the university.
- To function as a Grievances Redressal Cell for the Grievances of SC/ST/OBC students and employees of the university and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
- To maintain a register for employment of SCs/STs/OBCs in the University for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC communities for various posts in the University.
- Any other work assigned from time to time to promote higher education among these communities suffering economic, social and education deprivations.
- The SC/ST/OBC Cell exclusively looks after the work related to SCs/STs/OBCs matters and no other work is assign to the Cell.
- Financial assistance under the scheme would be available to such Universities and Deemed Universities, which come within the purview of Section 2(f) and are fit to receive central assistance under section 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956. The Scheme is meant for SC/ST/OBC only.
Nature of Financial Assistance Available Under the Scheme
The Financial Assistance Available Under the Scheme will be under plan budget head The structure of advisory committee of SC/ST/OBC cell
|S.No||Name of the Officer||Designation|
|3||Director Education||Liaison officer|
|4||Dr. B.C Sharma, Professor and Head, Agronomy)||Member|
|5||Dean F.V,Sc and A.H||Member|
|8||Dr. Shalini Suri Professor and Head Veterinary anatomy||Member|
|9||Dr. Tuhina Dey , Professor PBG||Member|
|10||Dr. Gurdev Chand Assistant , Head, Plant Physiology||Member|
|11||Dr. Hans Raj Bhardwaj Professor and Head, VSR||Member Secretary|
Terms of reference of committee:
- Some of these members should belong to SC/ST/OBC categories.
- The committee should meet twice a year to review the position and solve the problems.
- The committee will monitor the work related to implementation of reservation policy, as applicable.
- The committee will also coordinate with the standing committee on SC/ST/OBC constituted by UGC to oversee the implementation of reservation policy in University which shall be consonance with the policy of UT of J&K.