Faculty of Basic Sciences
With establishment of this university in 1999, students were introduced to various basic science subjects for proper understanding of main stream agriculture and veterinary/ animal sciences in respective faculties. Keeping in view its emerging importance, Faculty of Basic Sciences was notified in 2012 with mandate of teaching, research and extension in basic science subjects. The Faculty got its formal approval in July, 2015 with Prof RK Gupta, earlier functioning as Co-ordinator given the duties of First Dean of Faculty of Basic Sciences that offers postgraduate/doctoral courses in disciplines like Biochemistry, Plant Physiology, Statistics and Computer Sciences and Microbiology. Faculty places high premium on quality education, basic research and innovations. Faculty aims to be nationally competitive while at the same time being also locally relevant. Its strategic alliance is also planned with sister institutions and universities within and outside the country for creating unequalled training and research opportunities for students and scientific staff. The courses have been designed in such a way so as to provide ideal learning opportunities and skill development for youth.
• Develop academic excellence in the area of teaching and human resource development in basic and cutting edge sciences relevant to agriculture and allied fields.
• Conduct need based basic and strategic research in relevant subjects that supplements or compliments efforts for sustainable production in harmony with nature
• Provide support to knowledge management, technology assessment and its transfer in agriculture and allied fields
• Provide enabling environment for academic excellence in basic and cutting edge areas of science relevant to agriculture and allied fields.
• Improve growth through sustainable intensification of agriculture and allied sectors with basic and strategic research support\
• Develop human resource equipped with new skills for higher employability and knowledge so as to propel cumulative development for efforts towards food and livelihood security
Contact Information :-
Dr. S.A. Mallick
Dean, Faculty of Basic Sciences
Main campus, Chatha
Contact No. :- 0191-2262060
E-mail :- firstname.lastname@example.org